Roles are used to determine what content a registered user on the site can view and/or edit. There are several system roles that accommodate the majority of permission needs. You also have the ability to create custom roles.
You can assign multiple roles to a user to accommodate the level of access needed. For example, you might assign both the Administrators and Designers role to a user.
System roles include the following:
- Administrators - The Administrators role gives a user full access to view, edit, or delete any site content as well as managing site and store settings. Administrators also have the ability to create users, assign roles, and transfer files to and from the server via FTP Secure. The Administrators role does not allow assigned users to edit the website design.
- Developers - The Developers role allows a user to edit the design of the website with regard to templates, modifications to templates, editing source files, and FTP Secure access.
- Store Managers - The Store Managers role allows a user to perform activities that are related to the store. This includes creating and managing product lists, managing orders, managing customer accounts. The Store Managers role also has the ability to manage store settings including payments, shipping, taxes, and discounts.
- System File Manager - The System File Manager role gives a user access to the File Manager in the text editor. With the File Manager, users can upload, rename, and/or delete files such as document and media files.
- System Image Manager - The System Image Manager role gives a user access to the Image Manager in the text editor. With the Image Manager, users can upload, rename, and/or delete image files.
Posted on Tue, October 21, 2014
by David Dorrell filed under