Set up carrier calculated shipping
You will need account credentials for FedEX, UPS, or USPS in order for carrier calculated shipping to work. Please follow these links for setting up an account with each respective carrier, FedEx
, and USPS
- Select Shipping & Taxes from the Store menu.
- Click the Shipping tab.
- In the Carrier Calculated Shipping area, click the Setup button.
- Choose FedEx, UPS, or USPS by clicking the Activate button.
- Fill out the required information for the carrier and click the Save button. This information will be different for each carrier.
- In the Regional Settings area, select each of the carriers shipping methods you want to make available to your customers.
- If you want to markup the carrier calculated rate by a percentage, enter the percentage in Modify Rate by %.
- If you want to add or subtract a specific amount to the carrier calculated rate, enter the amount in the + or - a fixed amount field. A positive number marks up the shipping rate by the amount. A negative number reduces the shipping rate by a fixed amount.
- Click Save.
If you need account credentials for FedEX, UPS, or USPS, please follow the links below for setting up an account with them.
Important note: In order for carrier calculated shipping to work you must first set up your store address. Different carriers use your address as a reference point to calculate individual shipping prices.
Posted on Sun, October 23, 2011
by Support filed under