Advanced calendar features using iCal
You now have more options for managing events on your website. You can use the built-in calendar element tools to create events, or you can choose to use an external calendar software (like Google Calendar, .Mac, Zvents, 30 boxes ... etc.) to manage your events and then have your calendar display those events on your website. You can also subscribe to any public iCalendars and bring those events onto your website instantly.
If you would like more advanced recurring events on your website, then this is a good option. Many people might be using Google calendars or other iCal based calendars already, so this makes the transition very easy and convenient.
- Go the the page where your calendar is located.
- Select Settings from the Calendar element menu.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Subscription section, enter your external iCal URL (your external software like Google Calendar will provide you with the iCal URL)
- Click the Save my changes button.
- Note: Once you've subscribed, you can override the title and description of the events by editing them within your calendar. Just edit an event like normal and you can add web-only content to an event for display purposes. The event still stays connected to your iCal source. Keep in mind that if you ever unsubscribe from the iCal source, all events related to their iCal source, even content added through your website, will be deleted.
Posted on Fri, June 13, 2008
by Support filed under